During our trip from 31 Mar to 2 April, we met up with the principals of 2 schools.
Here’s a heads-up on what we found out from them!
Paradise Mission School
The school compound
Over dinner with Ms Eu, the Korean principal of Paradise Mission School, and her Cambodian colleague, Ms Sina, we found out that Grade 1 to 6 classes are conducted by 12 teachers at the school for 190 students. Ms Eu conducts training for kindergarten teachers, as well as weekly worship and bible storytelling sessions for children. She introduced to us the Song of Hope Language Centre which shares the Gospel through English and music lessons and is headed by another Korean missionary.
Sharing about Noah’s Ark
A monthly budget of USD 3000 is required to run the mission school, out of which 60% is contributed by Ms Eu’s church in Korea. She tries very hard to the raise the remaining 40% from supportive friends and family members. Despite her financial constraints, Ms Eu intends to open up Grade 7 to 9 classes to students. Before she can do so, a security deposit of USD 20,000 needs to be raised and paid to the government.
Students having a lesson
Working together to share the Gospel
Having been called by the Lord to open a mission school in Siem Reap, Ms Eu has dedicated her life to serve Lord Jesus Christ. Love-A-Village is exploring opportunities to collaborate with Ms Eu to share the Gospel.
Pagna Cambodian Education Fund
Before we left, we visited Pagna Cambodian Education Fund, a school which is fully sponsored by Wide Open Wings to conduct free English classes for the children and adults of Lovea Village. Although the principal, Mr Pagna, had been hospitalised for the past 2 weeks for cardiac treatment, he made a special trip back to the school to meet us. Mr Pagna shared that Wide Open Wings has terminated sponsorship for his school due to a dispute over rules of operation. As such, he is appealing for funding assistance. We prayed for his recovery and success in securing donors for his school.
The school compound of PCEF