Jan 2022 Updates from Sriesros
I am happy to be writing my first letter for the new year. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas holiday. My family and I had a good time during Christmas, and we are all doing well.
I am grateful and appreciative of your support for the past year, and look forward to your continued support in the years ahead.
Preparation for English School
As you know, Love-A-Village team and I have been preparing the school.
Let me summarize what we have done thus far:
- We had applied for the school renewal license, and have received verbal approval from the authorities
- The Peam Primary School principal had identified 64 students for enrolment into our school
- The textbooks for pupils and Teachers’ Instruction books have been printed
- The classroom is now set up for classes to start
- We have hired a teacher and an assistant teacher
There are a few things we need to get done before our school opens on 7 February:
- Final touches to the classroom, e.g. decorations to the walls
- Printing of Safe Management guide and School Rules and Regulations
- Training the teachers to use the Teachers’ Instruction book
- Meeting with students and their parents
All students, and their parents too, are very excited to attend our school.
Peam Sunday School Ministry
We had a great meeting with all Sunday School teachers from Peam village and Lovea village. We discussed and planned what we hope to do in 2022. We prayed together for sustained motivation to do God’s work.
The teachers have started using the new curriculum. Because of the Covid situation, our Sunday School has separated the children into 8 groups with each group having 16 to 20 children. The students come only on alternate weeks:
- Groups 1 – 4 study in week 1 and 3
- Groups 5 – 8 study in week 2 and 4
For both the English School and the Sunday School, I am so blessed to have wonderful people working with me. I pray that God will bring even more people to join us in our work to glorify His name.
- Wonderful lunch retreat with all teachers
- My daughter being in secondary school
- All parents allowing their children to study in our English School
- Wonderful team work for English School
- Good health
- Official renewal of school license
- School opening on 7 February
- All teachers to have wisdom and strength to serve the Lord
Thank You and Happy New Year!